Wednesday 18 February 2009

Ben Blatt's Visionary Art
















Few days ago a good friend of mine sent me some images of Ben Blatt's beautiful art work. I found some more water color paintings on the net, but wasn't able to find his own site; probably he hasn't it. Yet I found the following description of his work in his own words..."My influences range from Persian miniatures to Dutch still lifes; terrariums and model train sets to aquariums and bonsai trees; things that are generally considered private and personal obsessions. I am always searching for contained and controlled beauty, the kind found suspended in the artificial and spectacular worlds of theme parks, old science books, history museum pamphlets, and field guides. I try to mutate or regenerate these kaleidoscopic introversions in hopes of painting a self-sustaining and boundless world."





I need further infos on this artist...











3 comments:

lars said...

I came across your blog and was psyched to see the work of a close friend of mine. I used to share a studio with Ben Blatt and he tends to be quite a hermit despite people pushing him to get his work out more often. I would be happy to ask him to forward newer images to anyone who is interested.

Anonymous said...

http://picasaweb.google.com/bblatt/BenBlattSelectedWorks?feat=directlink

Anonymous said...

Ben Blatt has gallery opening at Half Gallery Tuesday March 1st 2011. If you are in the NY stop by.

Thanks

http://picasaweb.google.com/bblatt/BenBlattSelectedWorks?feat=directlink

http://halfgallery.com/