Friday 15 February 2013

One could easily say that my personal musical likings are eclectic at least. In fact, I'm a hard-die fan of roots reggae/dub, but I like also the good psychedelic rock/blues or even folk music, in particular the one made by great artists like John Renbourn or the late Sandy Denny... I love also kirtan and bhajan, the traditional Hindu devotional songs and sometimes  I enjoy  'ambient', 'trance' or 'lounge' music... In short I do love all the good music, old and new. So don't be surprised if I can even appreciate the so-called 'dark ambient', that is 'ambient' music with particular dark, gothic, disquieting and sometimes openly macabre sounds, undertones and inspiration....One of my preferred artist of this  genre is Lustmord (aka Brian Williams), a really interesting British electronic musician, whose Hieresy (1990) is considered a milestone of the genre of the dark ambient.See the video below (music by Lustmord / art by Happy Pencil artist Cam De Leon) and decide by yourself:  if you like it, you can found other Lustmord's videos on youtube, but I suggest to watch and listen them not alone and not in the dark......


No comments: