Tuesday 10 September 2013

Aliens, Insectoids and Elves! Oh, My!


JON HANNA is best known to be the producer of Mind States - a conference series that explores various methods for altering consciousness. He has spoken internationally on the topic of visionary art and entheogens, showcasing collections of psychedelic art and hallucinatory animation at events in Brazil, Canada, Costa Rica, Germany, Jamaica, Mexico, Portugal and Switzerland. In the arena of harm reduction he has volunteered as a sitter at Burning Man, the BOOM festival and other gatherings.
Author of the Psychedelic Resource List (...) he has written articles, columns and reviews for Entheogene Blatter, The Entheogen Review, Erowid, Heads, High Times, the MAPS Bulletin, Morbid Curiosity, The Resonance Project and Skunk.
In 2008 Hanna began working as a Senior Editor for Erowid Center.
(from Erowid Character Vaults)



If you're interested in psychedelics and DMT in particular, don't miss this extremely interesting excerpt from Hanna's forthcoming book DMT Underground: A Compendium of Unauthorized Research 

ALIENS, INSECTOIDS and ELVES! OH, MY !
When writing about spiritual matters, it is important to be upfront about one's biases from the start. I was raised without religion. My father was an atheist, my mother is agnostic. I can count on one hand the number of times that I went to the church as a boy. In my teens and early twenties, I became fascinated with studying world religions, looking for clues that might help me better understand my psychedelic experiences. Although I never adopted any specific religion, I resonate most with ideas from Hinduism. There was a time in my life when I probably believed in God, in the idea that humans have souls and in the concept of karma. In these days I am a die-hard agnostic and devil's advocate...
CONTINUE READING ON EROWID   


No comments: